108-10 72d Avenue, Forest Hills, NY 11375 - TEL. 718.261,2237 E-mail:Directors@belleartiny.com
Belle Arti Center for the Arts- Re-Opening Plans and Procedures
Belle Arti Center for the Arts is planning to have in-person lessons as much as we can reasonably and safely do so. Our plan is unique to us and to what we can do. Our priority is to safeguard the health, safety, and wellbeing of everyone in our community, teachers, students, and staff while offering the highest quality instruction.
Re-opening of the facility will require a lot of logistics and priority for in-person classes will be based on age, student need, instrument, teacher’s capability, and window/large room availability. For these same reasons we have opt out for a hybrid setting.
We have adopted a conservative approach and to ensure that our plans align with state and local recommendations we have made the following changes and requirements:
Musical Aurora® Group Classes: Musical Aurora® students group classes will be a maximum of 2 students per class plus only one adult per student who is required to be in the classroom. Subject to change.
Private Musical Aurora®: One student with one adult is allowed and required in the classroom.
Private Classes : For ages 6 and up. The student and only the student is allowed in the classroom. Parents are encouraged to video tape the class with an IPHONE, IPAD so they can follow up at home. Only Private Classes taking part in the Musical Aurora® room will allow one adult with the student.
Group Theory classes: All group theory classes will be conducted virtually.
In- Person classes currently for the following instruments: Piano, Violin, Guitar, Private Theory classes, Group Musical Aurora® and Private Musical Aurora®.
Virtual-only classes for the following instruments: Cello (at the moment), Voice, Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Trumpet, Group theory and Private Theory.
Virtual classes also for the following instruments: Piano, Violin and Guitar.
Screening: During COVID protocols students/parent must arrive 15 min prior to class so they can sign in and answer some questions on the mandatory daily health assessment.
Temperature: At the reception, temperatures will be taken with a non-contact thermometer prior to class. Families are asked to check your child temperature before leaving the house. If the body temperature is 100.0˚F or above, the student will not be permitted to enter class.
Social Distancing: • While waiting for your class please follow the social distancing protocols which are indicated by the signs.
• No more than 3 persons in the reception area.
• Only one student is allowed inside the classroom.
• Do Not Crowd in the hallway
Pick up procedure: Parents or Caregivers must be punctual picking up their child outside the school. Please do not crowd in the hallways. Student will be escorted by the teacher.
Make up classes:
Refer to our policies on our website under Registration & Tuition
• Gloves and mask will be available upon request.
• Physical protection barriers will be utilized to reduce aerosolization spread where appropriate.
• All students, teachers and staff MUST wear a mask, while in the facility. For recommended masks please refer to the following CDC link:
• If your child is unable to wear a mask, your class will be virtual.
• Bathrooms will be cleaned every day.
• To keep the air circulating in the bathroom we ask you to keep the ventilator on.
• Please we ask you to bring your child to the bathroom before the class.
• If your child is taking in-person lessons and needs help to go to the bathroom, we ask the parents or caregiver to stay in the proximity of the school to assist their child. If a younger dancer needs help and the guardian has left the premises, you’ve then given us permission to assist them while following safety protocols.
There will be a gap of 10 min (subject to change) between classes to give students ample time to enter and exit without any overlap and allow the teachers enough time to sanitize before the next class. Students MUST be on time. Classes can’t be extended if a student is late.
COVID-19 Guidelines for parents:
• If someone in the household has traveled to a restricted area and must quarantine, please stay home.
• Please stay home if you or a member of your household might have been in close or proximate contact with a person with COVID-19.
Do not send your child to music class if he/she has symptoms including and not limited to:
• Fever over 100.0º degrees.
• Cough or Sore throat.
• Muscle Pain.
• Loss of taste or smell.
• Headache/fatigue If a student has been confirmed that they have COVID-19, we will identify who qualifies as close contact and will be asked to comply with the requirement 10-day quarantine. The 10 days is measured from the day you were tested, not from the day you got the test result. The student then will transition to remote learning.
• Shut down: Under circumstances beyond our control and school is forced to close we will be operating virtually until it is safe to re-open.
• The class exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 will be closed for 10 days from the day the student got tested.
• If one of the students of a group class of two students tests positive, then the 2 students will have to quarantine for 10 days from the day the student got tested not from the day the student got the result. Both students will then transition to a virtual class.
• If one student tests positive, then it will have to quarantine for 10 days from the day the student got tested not from the day you got the result. The student will then transition to a virtual class.
Cleaning and disinfection will be rigorous and ongoing between classes. The following items and routines will be implemented:
• A HEPA/UV Light Filter Air Purifier will be running during the time the school is open in each room. •
There will be hand sanitizer stations available to be use by students, teachers, parents, and staff before and after each class.
• Materials will be disinfected after every class.
• A Clear Screen Shield will be placed in between teacher and student.
• Additional measures are being taken where increased fresh air intake are not possible.
• Clorox wipes will be available to disinfect.
• Alcohol wipes will be available to disinfect.
• Bathrooms will be cleaned daily.
• Exhausting Fans have been installed where possible.
• By registering with us you accept our guidelines, requirements and procedures stated above and waiver which states as follows:
“As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Belle Arti Center for the Arts, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, illness, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant/and or parent while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Belle Arti Center for the Arts, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises"